Root Canal Therapy Near You
Undergoing a root canal that a dentist near you performs is common for patients of all ages. Don’t let the rumors fool or worry you – this procedure is as straightforward and effective as it is comfortable. Your dental team is with you throughout the appointment to make sure you’re calm and experience no pain.
This treatment is a great method when it comes to healing severely damaged teeth, mainly those that have acquired an infection. If you need this procedure, call our dentist n Burlington today.
What is a Root Canal?
Root canal therapy involves treating and saving a severely damaged or infected tooth. It is performed by a dentist in Burlington or an endodontist, a specialist in treating the pulp. The pulp is the delicate, innermost part of your tooth where nerves and blood vessels all meet. When a tooth is healthy, the pulp provides nourishment and helps the tooth develop during its growth phase. But if the pulp becomes infected or damaged due to deep decay or trauma, it can lead to pain, sensitivity, and swelling.
Reasons for a Root Canal
You may be advised to speak with a dentist near you about getting a root canal if you’re dealing with any of the problems noted below:
- Broken teeth
- Gum disease
- Repeated dental procedures
- Deep tooth decay
- Oral trauma
- A dental abscess (pocket of pus that forms near the tooth root)
- Pulp inflammation (known as Pulpitis)
Getting root canal therapy in Burlington can help alleviate these issues and more, giving you back your ability to chew and talk without dealing with any pain.
Steps of the Procedure
- Anesthesia: The area around the tooth is fully numbed with local anesthesia, so you don’t feel pain while your dentist in Burlington is working.
- Opening: A small opening is made in the crown (top) of the tooth to access the pulp chamber.
- Pulp removal: The unhealthy pulp tissue is carefully extracted from the chamber and the neighboring root canals.
- Cleaning and shaping: Next, the inside of your tooth is cleaned, shaped, and disinfected to ensure any remaining debris and bacteria are removed.
- Filling: A biocompatible, rubber-like material called gutta-percha fills in the vacant pulp chamber and root canals. It effectively closes the space and prevents future infections.
- Sealing: The opening created at the start of the procedure is also sealed with a temporary filling or a dental crown. This can be fabricated to meet your aesthetic preferences.
And that’s that! Final touches may be made, and then you’re free to go! If you need additional assistance following your root canal therapy in Burlington, do not hesitate to make your request known.
Book a Session with Us
At Dentist @ Burlington, our amiable, skilled staff looks forward to meeting and collaborating with you soon! If you need a root canal, dental implants, or a teeth cleaning, we’ll customized your treatment to address your specific preferences and needs.