Dental Fillings Near You
Maintaining your oral health can be hard at times throughout your life. At Burlington Dental, we understand that even the best attention to oral routines can’t always prevent needing dental fillings. You may have cracked, broken or even teeth that have been worn down from grinding.
Our dentist near you offers dental fillings. If you’re interested or want to chat about it, setting up a visit, please call our dentist in Burlington to get started!
We are going to take a look at what a dental filling is, why you might need it, and the step-by-step process of getting dental fillings.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are a common dentistry procedure invented to repair damaged, misshapen, or cracked teeth caused by decay, cavities, grinning or facial damage. The process involves the removal of any damaged areas that cannot be repaired and then the restoration using amalgam material.
Reasons to Get Dental Fillings
- Treatment for cavities: Dental filling clean and remove decay from your teeth, stopping the decay from spreading further and preventing more extensive dental problems in the future.
- Restoring oral health: No more toothaches or sensitivity. Dental fillings can alleviate discomfort by sealing off exposed nerves. Furthermore, by attending to these warning signs early, you’ll maintain better oral health and reduce the risk of needing more serious dental procedures.
- Saving your teeth: Fillings act as a restorative agent, admitting strength and security back into your tooth, preventing the need for extraction or worsening dental dilemmas.
- Aesthetically pleasing: With color-matching available to co-exist perfectly with your natural teeth, dental fillings ensure a seamless, attractive look.
Steps of Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are a relatively straightforward process from diagnosis to completion
The process will follow as:
- Consultation: One of our dentists will begin by examining your teeth and, if necessary, take X-rays to pinpoint the exact location of the damaged teeth or how deep a cavity is.
- Anesthesia: A local anesthetic is administered to numb the area around the affected tooth for a pain-free experience. Laughing gas can also be used for increased comfort.
- Cleaning: Using a dental drill or hand tools, our dentists remove any decay or damaged positions of the tooth, leaving a clean space for the filling.
- Cleaning: To access the root surfaces and remove all harmful bacteria, tartar and old tissue.
- Filling: Now time for the resin or amalgam filling material to be placed into the cavity and restore the tooth structure.
- Shaping : Our dentists will now ask you to bite down, feel with your tongue, how the filling feels and if you would like any more polishing or adjustments.
- Final assessment: Our dentist will ensure your bite is properly aligned and comfortable while making any last adjustments.
Visit Our Dentist Near You
At Dentist @ Burlington, we pride ourselves in offering quality dental filling services near you. Our experienced team is here to help you achieve a healthy, pain-free smile.
If you suspect you need dental fillings or have any questions, don’t wait and contact us for more information or to book an appointment.